Brunch for Father’s Day? What? Yeah–WHY NOT? Sure….it’s easy to automatically think of burgers and dogs on the grill for Father’s Day. Your challenge this year is to think outside of the Dad Box and do something different with dad this Sunday. Do brunch! He probably won’t be expecting it, so why don’t you try one of the following establishments for a Father’s Day Brunch?
- Hooters or The Tilted Kilt–Most men would use any excuse to visit either of these establishments. Tasty food, nice scenery, and a steady stream of sports on the big screens–What more do you need to put a smile on the old man’s face? Hooters locations can be found in Riverside and Ontario; The Tilted Kilt is serving dad’s in Rancho Cucamonga, Chino, and Temecula.
- Dave & Busters–Much like the two previously mentioned restaurants, this is one that you wouldn’t normally think of for brunching fare. There is also much to love about Dave & Busters. Dad would probably enjoy an early day out to play some video games, grab a brew, and try something from the widely varied menu. Locally, Dave & Busters is in Ontario Mills Mall.
- Dodger Stadium–Okay, this one isn’t exactly in the Inland Empire. Unfortunately, none of the IE baseball teams (or the Angels for that matter) will be playing at home on Sunday….so it’s the Dodgers or nothing! Nothing, that is, if you are fully invested in the idea of doing something different for Father’s Day Brunch. The Blue Crew host the Milwaukee Brewers <BEER!> at 1:10pm Sunday. Dad would not object to a Dodger Dog!
- Steer ‘N Stein Restaurant–Steak and potatoes is typically reserved for a night out. Let go of those dated concepts and get him in there. Dad loves steak….especially the kind he doesn’t have to throw on the grill himself. Steer ‘N Stein features some non-steak menu items too. You’ll find them located in Victorville, Rancho Cucamonga, Hemet, and Moreno Valley.
- Art’s Bar & Grill–Art’s is a mainstay for downtown workers in Riverside. From finger food to full meals with drinks, Art’s has a nice variety on the menu. The laid back atmosphere will help dad relax. It’s a legit pub atmosphere at Art’s, 3357 University Avenue in Riverside.
Whether dad is a big eater or quinoa salad kind of guy, he will appreciate the fact that you want to spend some time with him. It’s fun to take an annual tradition in a new direction once in a while….so why not brunch for Father’s Day? He’ll love it!