The 91 is always such a fun drive, isn’t it? Get ready for some road work this weekend that will shut down the freeway in two places.
Starting late Friday and continuing all weekend drivers are being urged to plan ahead and to avoid the eastbound 91 Freeway through Corona.
A news release from Riverside County Transportation Commission states that separate closures will divert all eastbound traffic at two locations starting Friday evening. However, the westbound side of the 91 Freeway will remain open.
• Closure 1: At the 15 – Friday, September 9, 11:59 pm to Saturday, September 10 at 9 am
• Eastbound 60 Freeway to southbound 15 to the 91
• Eastbound 91, southbound 15, exit Magnolia Avenue, northbound 15, to re-enter the 91.
• Closure 2: At Maple Street – Saturday, September 10 at 10:30 pm to Sunday, September 11 at Noon
• Exit at Maple Street, make a left on Paseo Grande and then get back onto the eastbound 91.
A heads up for you as this road work coincides with full closures of the Express Lanes on the eastbound 91 in Orange County, being done by the Orange County Transportation Authority. Road work is taking place between the 55 Freeway and Imperial Highway and will start at 11 p.m. Friday and end 6 a.m. Monday.
Transportation officials recommend that you plan accordingly, expect delays, consider possibly postponing all eastbound travel to the afternoon hours. You can also check real-time traffic online at IE511.org.
To get further details go to sr91project.info or call 877-770-9191.