Did you know there are over 1,200 national days? I didn’t realize there were that many. And today, October 5th is National Do Something Nice Day.
If you’re thinking, “Wait…didn’t we celebrate this earlier this year?” You’re close. February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day, which is extremely similar to National Do Something Nice Day. They’re like twins.🙂
Heck yeah it would amazing if everyone celebrated this every day, but unfortunately that’s just not how our society works. So, today reminds us to stop and slow down a moment, take a breath and do something nice.
I know, I know, I don’t really need to tell you how to be kind to people, but here are 5 things you can do just in case you can’t think of anything.
1. While in traffic let someone merge in front of you instead of speeding up and tailgating the person in front of you.
2. Pay it forward, buy the next person in line a cup of coffee or pay for their meal.
3. Send someone you love flowers with a card that says “just because,” or “Smile.”
4. Check and see if your neighbors need help with a task or chore.
5. Smile at everyone you see and maybe say a little compliment.