Lead Poisoning Is Dangerous, But Preventable And Treatable

Lead is a highly toxic metal and a very strong poison. It’s a serious and sometimes fatal condition. It occurs when lead builds up in the body. Lead is found in lead-based paints, including paint on the walls of old houses and toys.

It is also found in, art supplies, contaminated dust, gasoline products sold outside of the United States and Canada. Lead poisoning usually occurs over a period of months or years. It can cause severe mental and physical impairment. Young children are most vulnerable.  Children get lead in their bodies by putting the lead containing objects in their mouths.

Touching the lead and then putting their fingers in their mouths may also poison them. Lead is more harmful to children because their brains and nervous systems are still developing. The good news is lead poisoning can be treated, however any damage caused cannot be reversed.

Lead Poisoning

%name Lead Poisoning Is Dangerous, But Preventable And Treatable
KFRG 95.1

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From K-FROG 95.1 FM and 92.9 FM - New Country

Listen to Radio.com Anywhere, Anytime
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live