Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
Total Time: 30 minIngredients
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
- 6-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and diced finely
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop open the can of crescent rolls and separate each roll along the perforated line.
- Place a knob of cream cheese on each roll and top with a teaspoon of diced jalapeño.
- Add a teaspoon of the pre cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Gather the edges of the dough and pinch them together. Roll the dough in your hand making sure all the filling is sealed inside in a tight ball. Place the completed balls, dough seam down and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 20 min
Total Time: 35 minIngredients
- 1 pound boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 2-inch won ton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a 24-cup mini muffin tin lightly oil or coat the pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, paprika, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and chili powder. Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side. Let chicken rest 5 minutes then shred with a fork.
- Place a wonton wrapper into each of the 24 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening. Place into the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, Frank’s Red Hot and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keeping the wontons in the baking cups, fill each cup with the chicken mixture.
- Place the wonton’s into the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Total Time: 10 minutesIngredients
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 lime
- To start, peel the avocado and remove the core.
- Mash the avocado into a paste until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add in the onion, tomato, jalapeno, bacon, cilantro and mix well.
- Add in the lime juice and salt to taste.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Total Time: 40 minIngredients
- two packages merguez sausage or spicy lamb sausage
- 10 ounces store-bought puff pastry, cut into 1-by-3-inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Next, add the sausages and sear on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate and let cool.
- Cut the sausage into 1 1/2 inch pieces and roll each piece into a strip of puff pastry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the wrapped sausages, seam side down, onto the sheet.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the caraway seeds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook the sausages in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, you can go ahead and prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mint and salt.
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutesIngredients
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 2 cups Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork, beef, breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, eggs, garlic, onion and some salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and place on a lined shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Stick a toothpick into the meatballs and serve immediately. You can serve with a side of marinara or sauce of your choice.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min
Total Time: 25 minIngredients
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced to 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Dredge the zucchini rounds in flour, dip into eggs, then coat in the panko mixture.
- Working in rounds, add a few zucchini wounds to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain the excess oil and serve immediately.
Prep: 30 min Cook: 30 minIngredients
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice and Sriracha.
- Take the chicken breasts cut into the 1-inch cubes and wrap each piece individually into a piece of bacon. Dredge each chicken in the brown sugar and roll on each side until fully covered.
- Use a toothpick, pre soaked in water, to secure the bacon around the chicken.
- Place the chicken, seam side down, onto the baking sheet and place in the over to bake for 15 minutes, brushing barbecue sauce mixture during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with chives if desired.
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 15 min
Total Time: 40 minIngredients
- 9 ounces raw pork chorizo, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pound shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 11-ounce package tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a large saute pan, cook the chorizo over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes until crisp.
- In the same pan, cook the onions till translucent, for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain excess fat.
- With a saucepan, add the wine and lemon juice and slowly bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low. Next, add the cornstarch and cheese and whisk until the cheese is fully melted.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a serving platter and drizzle the melted cheese mixture. Then, top the chips with the chorizo-onion mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro and chives then serve immediately.