March 9 is National Meatball Day, so we celebrate with a list of some local eateries that feature tasty meatball sandwiches.
- Vince’s Spaghetti in Ontario–An Inland Empire landmark with a delicious and affordable meatball sandwich. http://www.vincesspaghettirestaurant.com/
- Saverino’s Italian Deli and Market in Redlands–It has been described as a small but fantastic restaurant. The taste is all that matters. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saverinos-Italian-Deli-Market/268103343263853
- Capone’s in Riverside–American dishes are served up right alongside Italian inspired cuisine. http://www.caponespizzaandpasta.com/menu.html
- Romano’s–With four Inland Empire locations, a piping hot meatball sandwich is not too far away from you. http://www.romanosrestaurants.com/locations.html
- Mona Lisa’s in Redlands–Meatballs are just part of the experience. http://www.zmenu.com/original-mona-lisa-redlands-online-menu/
- D’Caesaro’s Pizza and Italian Restaurant in Riverside–The city of Riverside is blessed with great Italian food. http://www.dcaesaropizza.com/
- Matano’s Little Italy in Yucaipa–Parking in uptown Yucaipa is a pain in the neck, but the food here will make it worthwhile. https://www.facebook.com/Matanos-Little-Italy-151269954889990/
- Uncle Howie’s in Redlands–Students and faculty at the University of Redlands are big fans of their food. http://www.zmenu.com/uncle-howies-pizza-redlands-online-menu/
- Angelo’s in Loma Linda–Family owned since 1980, Angelo’s is a great place for pasta and sandwiches. https://www.google.com/#q=angelos+loma+linda&*
- The Green Shack in Highland–They have named theirs the “Mafia Meatball.” That’s practically an offer you can’t refuse. http://greenshackmarket.com/menu/
If we’re all Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, we all just might be a touch Italian on National Meatball Day. Buon Appetito!