One of country musics’ finest treasures, Willie Nelson, will be performing Saturday, April 29th at Stagecoach Country Music Festival.
It’s hard to believe Willie Nelson started his career 61 years ago. The most legendary outlaw country musician is best known for his hits: “Pretty Paper”, “On The Road Again”, “Always On My Mind”, “Crazy” (recorded by Patsy Cline) and “Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain”.
In our Stagecoach Behind The Artist Series, get to know a few fun facts about Willie Nelson you may not have known:
- Willie was once in the Air Force but was discharged for back problems.
- He’s acted in over 30 films including “The Electric Horseman” and “Honeysuckle Rose”.
- He was also on the TV Show, “Dukes of Hazard”.
- Willie makes no bones about his love for marijuana, and even has his own strain of it for sale.
- Willie’s most prized possession is his guitar, “Trigger”, who he hid from the IRS when he was in trouble for not paying back taxes in the 90’s.
- In 1985, Willie was one of the founders of Farm Aid, to aid local farmers. He, along with Neil Young and John Mellecamp led the charge with the annual concert event.
- He’s been married 4 times and has 7 children.
- He lives in Hawaii!
- Willie is a 2nd degree black belt in martial arts. Yes, he still does it at 83 years old.
- Nelson’s discography includes 68 studio albums, 10 live albums, and 37 compilations.
This is one show at Stagecoach Country Music Festival, you will NOT want to miss.