It’s the big night, you’re going out on a date with somebody new! You’ve figured out what you’re going to wear, dinner plans are made, but what the heck are you going to talk about?
This is where the nerves and freaking out really kick in, but thanks to Elizabeth Kuhnke, author of , these questions will make your first date conversations more enjoyable than worrisome.
1. “If you could travel anywhere, right now, where would it be?”
Right off the bat you’ll find out if you’ve got yourself a hermit or a world traveler. Could be a make or break for most people.
2. “What’s something I wouldn’t guess about you?”
A very mischievous and flirtatious question, this give your date the freedom to reveal as much, or as little, as they want.
3. “What’s your dream job?”
What motivates and inspires them? You may find some qualities about this person that you didn’t know before.
4. “If you didn’t have to work to support yourself, how would you spend your time?”
This is all about values and interests. If you guys aren’t seeing eye to eye here, its better to know sooner than later.
5. “What appeals to you most about living here?”
If one of you is trying to run out of town and the other can’t see themselves leaving the city, odds are this might be your final date.
6. “What are your favorite TV shows?”
This one is bigger than people might think. Some people devote hours in front of the TV, so hopefully you have a show or two in common.
7. “What do you like to read?”
If you find out what your date likes to read, if they do at all, that will quickly reveal their intellectual interests and passions.
8. “Who has been the most influential person in your life?”
This question will reveal plenty of details about the persons family dynamics and their relationships with their friends.
9. “Do you still keep in touch with childhood friends?”
If you want to determine their relationships and loyalty, here’s your golden nugget.
10. “What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?”
Are they thrill-seekers? Risk-takers? This is a perfect question to hit them with if you’re curious about their wild side.