Teen Dies From Caffeine Overdose

How is it possible a seemingly healthy young man dies from drinking too much caffeine?

It’s possible and it happened.

South Carolinian, 16-year old David Cripe, collapsed last month while at school, and was taken to a hospital where he later died.

Witnesses said he had consumed a latte, an energy drink and a large soft drink within a 2-hour period.

In a world where it seems young teens are drinking more and more coffee and energy drinks on the daily, this is a scary story.

According to CBS News, preliminary autopsy reports say Cripe died of a caffeine-related “cardiac event”.

His autopsy also did not show any pre-existing heart condition which could have contributed to his passing.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has maintained that children and teens should never consume energy drinks of any kind.

Cripes’ father hopes out of the loss of his son that this will open other parents’ eyes to the dangers of energy drinks.

More from Heather Froglear
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From K-FROG 95.1 FM and 92.9 FM - New Country

Listen to K-FROG Anywhere, Anytime
K-FROG Next HD
Daily Music Newsletter

Listen Live